Seared Scallops With Beurre Blanc Recipe
Our variation of beurre blanc (“white butter” sauce) includes Champagne Salad Dressing and tops seared scallops that rest on a bed of spinach linguine.
Ready In: 15 minutes
- 1/3 cup Girard's® Champagne Dressing
- 1 lb. large scallops, patted dry
- 12 oz. dried spinach linguine
- 1/3 cup finely chopped shallots
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1/3 cup dry white wine
- Salt and pepper
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- ¼ cup fresh lemon juice
- 2 teaspoons lemon zest
- 1 stick butter, cut into small pieces and chilled
- ½ cup loosely-packed basil leaves, thinly sliced, plus more for garnish
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoons chopped parsley, plus more for garnish
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon black pepper
Make Beurre Blanc:
Combine shallots, lemon juice and wine in a saucepan. Bring to a boil until all but 2 tablespoons of the liquid is evaporated, about 6-7 minutes. Add ? cup of Girard's Champagne Salad Dressing and reduce heat to low. Then begin to add butter, 1 or 2 pieces at a time, whisking constantly. Remove from heat and whisk in salt. Cover with foil to keep warm.
Cook pasta according to package directions. Toss with olive oil, lemon juice and zest, basil, parsley, salt and pepper.
While pasta is cooking, heat oil in a nonstick skillet. Season scallops with salt and pepper and sear until exterior is browned, about 1 to 1 ½ minutes per side.
Mound 1 ½ cups pasta in a bowl. Arrange 4 scallops next to the pasta and drizzle with 2 tablespoons Girard's® Peach Mimosa Salad Dressing. Repeat with other plates.