Butternut Squash and Apples With Pan Seared Pork Chop
Sweet butternut squash and tart Granny Smith apples combine with Girard’s Apple Poppyseed Vinaigrette for a unique sauce to top pan seared pork chops.
Cook Time: -10 minutes
Ready In: 40 minutes
- 1/2 cup Girard's® Champagne Dressing
- 4 boneless pork chops, about ½” to ¾” thick
- 3 tbsp vegetable oil, divided
- 1/4 cup chopped shallots
- 1 1/2 cups peeled and diced butternut squash (about 3/4 “ dice)
- 1 tsp chopped fresh sage
- 1 large Granny Smith apple, sliced or chopped
- salt and pepper to taste
Season pork chops with salt and pepper. Heat 2 tablespoons oil in a large skillet on medium high heat, add chops and brown on each side for 5 to 7 minutes each or until chops are thoroughly cooked. Remove chops from pan and keep warm. To same pan add remaining 1 tablespoon oil, shallots, butternut squash, sage, salt and pepper and sauté 2 to 3 minutes. Add ¼ cup water and continue to cook for 1 to 2 minutes. Add apples and sauté 2 minutes. Return chops to pan. Add Girard’s Apple Poppyseed Vinaigrette and continue to cook until squash pieces are tender. Serve.