Green Bean Casserole Recipe
Forget canned veggies! Fresh green beans, mushrooms, thyme and Sister Schubert’s Parker House Style Rolls make this one extraordinarily delicious dish.
Cook Time: 40 minutes
Ready In: 57 minutes
Serves: 8 to 10
- 6 Sister Schubert Parker House Rolls, defrosted and crumbled into small pieces
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 tablespoons grated Parmesan cheese
- 1/2 teaspoon dry thyme leaves
- 1 tablespoon chopped parsley
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 shallot, chopped
- 8 oz. sliced mushrooms
- 2 tablespoons flour
- 1 cup milk
- 4 oz. regular or reduced fat cream cheese, cut into small pieces
- Salt and pepper
- 4 oz. shredded white or yellow cheddar cheese, about 1 cup
- 1 1/2 pounds green beans, blanched, cooled and cut into 2" pieces
Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Butter a 9 x 9-inch baking dish.
In a small mixing bowl, combine all ingredients for topping and set aside.
Heat oil in a small skillet, add shallots and cook until tender, about 2 minutes. Add mushrooms and continue to cook until all moisture evaporates. Add flour and continue to cook for 1 minute. Pour in milk and stir until mixture is thick. Add cream cheese, salt and pepper and mix until smooth. Fold in cheddar cheese, add green beans and pour all into prepared baking dish. Sprinkle topping mixture over beans and bake for 20 to 25 minutes or until heated thoroughly. Serve.